Unique Private Gardens
Garden Wedding Ceremonies and Events in Blackburn at Elizabethan Lodge
We specialise in hosting Garden Wedding Ceremonies and Events at the Elizabethan Lodge.
Many guests are surprised by our unique private Gardens, particularly due to our convenient inner Eastern suburbs location in Blackburn North, a short 20 minute drive from Melbourne’s CBD.Contact us Call 03 9898 9551
Our private gardens are replete with abundant photography opportunities, including an enchanted aisle with wrought iron bridge, archway and birdcage, stone water features, vibrant seasonal flowers and foliage, as well as fairy lit blossom and willow trees for night time photography.
The Elizabethan Lodge offers two indoor and outdoor Wedding Ceremony locations:
- Indoor option of our romantic, sandstone Chapel; and
- Outdoor option of our timeless Gazebo and surrounding courtyard.
Both our Chapel and Gazebo are both set amongst our beautiful private Gardens and are located a short stroll from our Dining Room and Accommodation complex.
Many couples choose a Garden Wedding Ceremony in our Birdcage or Gazebo and to continue with outdoor Pre-Dinner Drinks and canapes served to guests by roaming waitstaff, whilst you continue your Wedding Photography, prior to entering the Dining Room.
Our wedding planning team can also assist you with planning your Garden Wedding in time to capture photographs at sunset.
Our Wedding and Microwedding Packages include:
- Your choice of Wedding Ceremony location;
- Pre-dinner drinks and canapes served roaming in our gardens (weather permitting);
- Assistance from our in-house planning team in the lead up to your wedding;
- The Chapel set up as a backup option, for couples who choose the Gazebo for their Wedding Ceremony;
- Use of the Elizabethan Lodge’s portable PA system for your Wedding Ceremony music;
- Use of white garden chairs for outdoor Wedding Ceremonies; and
- Personal Wedding Coordinator who will look after you on your Wedding day.
We have a number of versatile event spaces at the Elizabethan Lodge, making it an ideal location for couples who may require multiple spaces for various traditional Wedding Ceremonies and festivities, such as a Tea Ceremony, Sangeet or Mehendi.
In addition to hosting Weddings, we also cater to other celebrations including Baptisms, Engagement Parties, Birthday Parties, Anniversary Parties, Gala Dinners, School Formals, Holy Communions, Proposals, Baby Showers, Bridal Showers and more. Outdoor pre-dinner drinks and canapes in our beautiful gardens will be sure to delight guests at your next special Event.Book a tour
The Elizabethan Lodge’s romantic, sandstone Chapel has been purpose built as an intimate and timeless option for an indoor Wedding Ceremony.
The Chapel has been recently renovated and now includes polished timber floorboards, lending the space a tranquil and open feel for your Wedding Ceremony.
- Soft, natural lighting, ideal for your wedding photography;
- High vaulted ceilings;
- Understated wrought iron chandeliers;
- Polished oak timber floorboards;
- Solid wood cathedral doors;
- Arched leadlight windows each with rose detailing;
- A neutral colour palette of timber and soft white;
- Timber ceremony pews, sourced from an artisan craftsman, seating up to 180 guests.
The Chapel has been designed to complement our private Gardens and courtyard; it is an ideal option for those planning an indoor Wedding Ceremony or a Winter Wedding.
Our Chapel is also available as a complimentary backup option for couples who choose an outdoor Wedding Ceremony.
Our timeless Gazebo is our outdoor Ceremony location at the Elizabethan Lodge.
The Gazebo is an ideal option for couples who are planning an outdoor Wedding Ceremony.
- A timeless neutral gray toned colour scheme;
- Paved courtyard area for guest seating;
- Beautiful views of the surrounding private gardens and seasonal flowers; and
- Neutral dark grey colour scheme.